Fr. Richard A. Arko
Diocese: Diocese of Cleveland OH
Arrested 1/04 on charges that he was growing marijuana in the church rectory and selling it. Police learned of the marijuana from an informant who also said he had been in a sexual relationship with Arko since he was 15 and that the priest would give him gifts, money and drugs in exchange for sex. In 7/04 Arko also lost his state license to perform massage therapy, based on the felony conviction for growing pot. Resigned from ministry in 2005. Laicization announced 7/20/15. Included on the diocese’s list of credibly accused in 6/19.
- Akron Beacon Journal 01.23.04
- Cleveland Plain Dealer 01.23.04
- Akron Beacon Journal 01.26.04
- Akron Beacon Journal 02.05.04
- Akron Beacon Journal 02.11.04
- Cleveland Plain Dealer 04.07.04
- Akron Beacon Journal 08.13.04
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer 10.30.04
- Diocese of Cleveland Notice 07.20.15
- Diocese of Cleveland List 06.21.19
Return to main database page. See abbreviations and posting policy. Send corrections.
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.