Fr. Richard A. Arko
Diocese: Diocese of Cleveland OH
Arrested 1/04 on charges that he was growing marijuana in the church rectory and selling it. Police learned of the marijuana from an informant who also said he had been in a sexual relationship with Arko since he was 15 and that the priest would give him gifts, money and drugs in exchange for sex. In 7/04 Arko also lost his state license to perform massage therapy, based on the felony conviction for growing pot. Resigned from ministry in 2005. Laicization announced 7/20/15.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Akron Beacon Journal 01.23.04
- Cleveland Plain Dealer 01.23.04
- Akron Beacon Journal 01.26.04
- Akron Beacon Journal 02.05.04
- Akron Beacon Journal 02.11.04
- Cleveland Plain Dealer 04.07.04
- Akron Beacon Journal 08.13.04
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer 10.30.04
- Diocese of Cleveland Notice 07.20.15
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.