Fr. Rene Astruc
From France. Two or more pending claims against Astruc shown in bankruptcy reorganization documents for the Fairbanks diocese 1/25/10. Per the Jesuits West Province 12/7/18 list, Astruc sexually abused teenage girls over three decades in remote Native schools and orphanages where he worked. He died 6/28/2002. On the Anchorage archdiocese’s list 1/16/20. It notes sexual misconduct with a minor in 1976 and vulnerable adult, and that he lived at the Jesuit residence in Anchorage 1971-96.
- Northwest Jesuit, Spring 2002
- Northwest Jesuit, Fall 2002
- Anchorage Daily News 06.30.02
- Excerpt from Bankruptcy Reorganization Documents for Fairbanks Diocese 01.25.10
- Emmonak – Sacred Heart Catholic Church Web Site 01.25.10
- Alakanuk – Saint Ignatius Catholic Church Web site 01.25.10
- Jesuits West Province List 12.07.18
- Anchorage Daily News 12.26.18
- Archdiocese of Anchorage List 01.16.20
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.