Fr. Michael C. Bolesta
Diocese: Archdiocese of Philadelphia PA
Accused of abuse of at least 11 male teenagers ages 16-17 in 1990-1991. Evaluated at St. Luke’s treatment center. Reassigned. Died in 1/04. Name included on secret 1994 memo from Wm. Lynn to Msgr. James Molloy (released 2/27/12) regarding priests in secret archives who were accused of sexual misconduct with a minor with no conclusive evidence. Archdiocese later said allegations were credible.
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Assigment Record
- Philadelphia Archdiocesan Priest Data Profile
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report
- Philadelphia Inquirer 09.25.05
- 1994 Memo from Fr William Lynn to Asst Vicar for Admin re Names in Philadelphia Secret Archives, released 02.27.12
- WHYY 03.12.20
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.