Fr. James Buser
Buser, (a freshman counselor at St. Lawrence Seminary), Gale Leifeld and Jim Wolf are accused of molesting a boy in 1978 while he was a student in a Capuchin-run high school and later at a boarding house. A civil suit filed in 1993 was rejected by court in 1995 as beyond the statute of limitations. Numerous victims reported abuse but no action by Leifeld, his supervisor. Buser died 12/21/79. Name included on Capuchin list of friars with confirmed reports of sexual abuse of minors released 6/18/13.
- FindAGrave 12.21.79
- Milwaukee Journal 12.20.92
- Detroit Free Press 02.11.95
- Detroit Free Press 02.14.95
- Detroit Free Press 03.29.95
- SNAP–Wisconsin 11.14.10
- Capuchin List of Friars with Confirmed Reports of Sexual Abuse of Minors 06.18.13
- Report of the Audit and Review of the Files of the Capuchin Province of St Joseph 06.18.13
- Capuchin Friars St. Joseph Province List 08.19.21
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.