Fr. Antonio Camacho
Diocese: Diocese of Stockton CA
Extern priest from Mexico working in Stockton and Oakland dioceses. Accused of abuse of two high school boys at St. Stanislaus in Modesto 1/11/82 – 02/17/84. He was briefly at St. Anthony Parish in Hughson 12/81 – 1/82. Removed from ministry and returned to Mexico at request of (then) Bishop Mahony of Stockton. Named in Cardinal Mahoney’s 2004 deposition and a memo from Bishop of Stockton to police. Name is included on list of claimed abusers attached to Stockton Diocese’s 5/9/14 filing in bankruptcy court.
- Diocese of Stockton List 02.23.17
- Diocese of Stockton Revised List 11.12.20
- Deposition of Cardinal Roger Mahony 11.23.04
- LA Times 12.10.04
- San Francisco Chronicle 12.11.04
- LA Weekly 12.17.04
- Media Watch 10.12.06
- Bay Area News Group 04.01.08
- Contra Costa Times 04.01.08
- SNAP Statement with link to Stockton Diocese Notice of Deadline for Filing Claims in Bankruptcy Court 07.16.14
- Mercury News 07.18.14
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.