Fr. Finbar Coyle
“Barry.” First identified publicly as accused on Santa Fe archdiocese list 9/12/17. Assigned to Santa Fe cathedral 1959-74; worked from there as Franciscan vocations director for the Southwest. Later worked in New Orleans archdiocese and Baton Rouge diocese. Died 2/6/91. Last listed in 1988 Directory, but death entry in 1992 Directory shows his location as St. Mary of the Angels, a Franciscan parish in New Orleans. The 1989-91 Directories do not show him as assigned to that parish. During his time in Santa Fe aka Finbar. Listed in Directory as Barry thereafter. On Baton Rouge diocese’s list in early 2019. Added to New Orleans’ list in 2020. On the Fort Wayne-South Bend diocese’s list in 12/20; 1 credible allegation of abuse there; assigned 2/73-6/74 to St. Therese in Fort Wayne. On Las Cruces list in 11/20; at St. Peter’s in Roswell 1965. On the Cincinnati archdiocese’s list in 2/22.
- Albuquerque Journal 04.14.67
- Archdiocese of Santa Fe list 09.12.17
- The Advocate 02.27.19
- Archdiocese of Santa Fe List 03.08.19
- Diocese of Baton Rouge List 03.27.19
- Official Commitee of Unsecured Creditors 10.13.20
- Times-Picayune and Advocate 10.14.20
- Diocese of Las Cruces List 11.13.20
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend List 12.04.20
- Archdiocese of New Orleans Revised List 12.08.20
- Archdiocese of Cincinnati List 02.14.22
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.