Fr. Alfred R. Desrosiers
Diocese: Diocese of Providence RI
Accused of molesting a 15-year-old girl in 1972 and another in 1975-76 in two separate civil suits filed in 1994. Criminal trial was scheduled for Fall 1997 but portions were appealed to RI Supreme Court as of 4/98. Claims were settled in 9/02 as part of $13.5M mass settlement involving 36 victims of priest abuse in the Providence diocese and allegations against 11 priests and a nun. Died 2/15/01.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Diocese of Providence Assignment Record
- Providence Journal-Bulletin 03.09.94
- Providence Journal-Bullentin 03.18.94
- Providence Journal Bulletin 07.03.94
- Providence Journal-Bulletin 09.14.95
- Providence Journal-Bulletin 03.20.97
- Providence Journal-Bulletin 06.07.97
- Providence Journal-Bulletin 04.13.98
- Providence Journal-Bulletin 09.10.02
- Diocese of Providence List 07.01.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.