Fr. Theodore M. Gillette
Diocese: Diocese of Ogdensburg NY
Gillette and three other priests were removed from their assignments in 7/02 as a result of the new zero tolerance policy from the recent Dallas Bishops’ conference. He was working at St. Paul’s in Black River at the time of his removal. Diocese said all four priests had substantiated allegations against them and all had been through some form of therapy. Died 8/31/14. On diocese’s list 11/13/18.
- Press-Republican 07.02.02
- Sun-Sentinel 07.03.03
- Watertown Daily Times 01.06.04
- Watertown Daily Times 08.31.14
- Reedbenoit 08.30.16
- North Country Now 03.14.18
- Watertown Daily Times 03.14.18
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise 05.26.18
- Bishop LaValley Letter 11.10.18
- Diocese of Ogdensburg List 11.13.18
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise 11.14.18
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.