Fr. James M. Godin
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Godin resigned in 2002 and acknowledged involvement in “inappropriate behavior” with a 17-year-old boy 19 years before, when he had a drinking problem. Facts became known during a 5/02 review of personnel files. Was fully restricted from priestly ministry per 2004 Archdiocesan statement. Had been laicized by time list was revised in 11/07. Granted a license to practice social work by the state in 2011.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Assignment Record
- Associated Press 08.21.02
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 08.21.02
- Milwaukee Catholic Herald 09.19.02
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 11.26.07
- Archdiocese of Milwaukeee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Miwaukee Journal-Sentinel 11.02.18
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.