Fr. Richard J. Grady
Diocese: Diocese of Bridgeport CT
Retired in 1989. Died in 1993. One of 10 priests named in claims by victims who came forward in 2002. Accused of molesting a boy in, reportedly in the early 1980s. At least one claim against Grady settled by diocese as part of massive settlement in 10/03. Diocese paid $21M to 40 people who claimed abuse by 16 priests, including Grady. Per a 2019 report commissioned by the diocese, there was one victim, a 10-year-old boy, abused 1972-73.
- Partial Assignment Record Compiled by Law Firm
- Holzberg Report 10.01.19
- Hartford Courant 06.05.93
- Connecticut Post 10.18.02
- Connecticut Post 11.13.02
- Connecticut Post 10.16.03
- Associated Press 10.17.03
- Connecticut Post 12.01.09
- Diocese of Bridgeport List Updated 03.22.19
- Diocese of Bridgeport Settlements List 03.22.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.