Fr. Dale Anthony Guidry
Diocese: Diocese of Amarillo TX
Ordained for Houma-Thibodaux diocese. On leave several years, then resurfaced in Honolulu HI parishes. Later assigned to Amarillo TX. Removed from ministry in 1999; bishop would not give reason. Arrested in Montgomery County TX 7/30/09, charged with two counts of Online Solicitation of a Minor. Pled guilty to both counts and was sentenced 7/15/10 to 5 years in prison. Died 10/20/13 in Stockton TX. On Houma-Thibodaux diocese’s list 1/11/19.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- National Catholic Reporter 04.02.99
- Records from Montgomery County Texas District Court on Guidry, 07.15.10
- Texas Dept of Criminal Justice Information on Guidry 07.15.10
- Statement by Diocese of Amarillo 09.15.11
- Geesey-Ferguson Guidry Obit 10.20.13
- The Advocate 01.11.19
- Diocese of Houma-Thibodaux List accessed 02.24.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.