Fr. James N. Jablonowski
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
In 5/02 two people separately came forward to the archdiocese with allegations that they had been sexually abused as minors by Jablonowski in the 1970s. The complaints were referred to D.A.’s office. Jablonowski was placed on leave. The D.A. did not pursue charges due to the statute of limitations. The Archdiocese had an independent investigator look into matter who substantiated the claims. Another alleged victim came forward in 9/02; again, no prosecution due to SOL. Name appeared on Archdiocese’s list in 7/04. Fully restricted from ministry. Laicized 6/30/06, per personnel files released in 7/13.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Assignment Record
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 08.24.02
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 08.25.02
- Milwaukee Catholic Herald 09.19.02
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Duluth News Tribune with Documents 07.03.13
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.