Fr. Michael Christopher Kenny
Diocese: Archdiocese of San Antonio TX
From Ireland. Suspended in 2000 when two women brought sexual misconduct allegations against him. Kenny testified that he fathered two illegitimate children and had sexual intercourse with both adult women and minor girls. Two suits filed. One settled 2/03 for $300K and 2nd settled 9/03 for undisclosed amount. Kenny was living in Ireland as of 2003. May have been laicized.On the archdiocese’s list 1/31/19. Case referred to the Vatican for possible laicization.
- San Antonio Express News 06.30.01
- San Antonio Express News 04.06.02
- San Antonio Express News 04.28.02
- San Antonio Express News 05.16.02
- San Antonio Express News 12.19.02
- San Antonio Express News 02.19.03
- San Antonio Express News 02.21.03
- San Antonio Express News 02.22.03
- San Antonio Express News 09.04.03
- San Antonio Express News 09.26.03
- RichardSipe com 04.17.07
- Archdiocese of San Antonio List 01.31.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.