Fr. Thomas M. Kohler
Diocese: Archdiocese of Philadelphia PA
Removed from assignment in 1994 and remained on leave until 2005. Accused of abuse of a male in the mid-1970s and of taking nude photos of a 15-year-old boy in 1994 in New Jersey. Criminal charges filed in that case. Outcome unclear. Accused in a in a 1995 civil suit of abuse of an altar boy 1973-78; settled. Laicization announced in 2005.
- Philadelphia Archdiocesan Priest Data Profile
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report
- Providence Journal Bulletin 07.13.94
- Philadelphia Daily News 04.19.96
- Philadelphia Inquirer 03.03.02
- USA Today 11.11.02
- Philadelphia Inquirer 06.24.05
- Philadelphia Inquirer 09.17.05
- Website: Catholic Scouters & Sexual Abuse, 11.30.07
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.