Fr. Michael J. Krejci
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Admitted to inappropriately touching two teenagers in 1979. He told the teens’ parents shortly after the incidents and apologized. The parents did not want to report the incidents to authorities. In 1986 and again in1994 Krejci told the archdiocese’s Vicar of Clergy of the 1979 incidents. He sought treatment in 1991. After his 1994 disclosure he was removed from his parish. The archdiocese sent him to two years of inpatient and outpatient treatment for sexual issues and alcohol. He was reassigned to ministry (with monitoring) in 1996, and again placed on leave in 2002. Laicized, per the archdiocese’s list accessed 7/1/13.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Assignment Record
- Milwaukee Catholic Herald 06.13.02
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 08.20.02
- Milwaukee Catholic Herald 09.19.02
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 07.01.13
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.20.13
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.