Fr. Eugene T. Kreuzer
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Allegation of abuse in 1969 became public in 2004. Kreuzer confirmed that the abuse took place during a fishing trip and involved alcohol consumption. Says that he went to the bishop at the time and asked for a leave of absence. He underwent testing and it was decided he could continue in ministry. He was on sick leave 10/58 through 3/71 before being given a new parish assignment. Retired in 1992. Archbishop decreed life of prayer and penance 3/14/05. Died 5/16/07.
- Associated Press 06.04.04
- Milwaukee Catholic Herald 06.10.04
- Associated Press 06.16.04
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee (updated 1 01.26.07
- TributesCom 05.16.07
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee updated after 11.26.07
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Journal Times with Documents 07.02.13
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.20.13
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.