Fr. Raymond O. Leneweaver
Diocese: Archdiocese of Philadelphia PA
Accused of abuse of at least 12 youths 1966-80. Several transfers after Archdiocese first learned of abuse. Left active ministry in 1980. Taught in public schools. Requested reactivation in the late 1990s. Msgr. Lynn denied his request in 1998. Laicized 3/21/05. On 1994 secret list memo.
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Assignment Record (Revised)
- Philadelphia Archdiocesan Priest Data Profile
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report–Patterns
- Philadelphia Inquirer 09.09.05
- Philadelphia Inquirer 09.17.05
- Philadelphia Inquirer 10.03.05
- 1994 Memo from Fr William Lynn to Asst Vicar for Admin re Names in Philadelphia Secret Archives, released 02.27.12
- Daily Local News 04.02.12
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.