Br. James Walter Lent
On sabbatical from his job as an elementary school teacher for the Diocese of Cleveland, studying at Gonzaga University, when arrested in Spokane in 5/94. Allegedly showed a 13-year-old boy a $20 bill in a mall bathroom, then had the boy perform oral sex on him. Released on bail posted by his Order. Died by suicide 5/29/94 before he could be arraigned. In the 1970s and early 1980s Lent taught at St. Charles Borromeo School in Albuquerque,NM.
- Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament Newsletter May/June 2005
- Spokesman-Review 05.17.94
- Statement of Investigating Officer–Affidavit of Facts 05.18.94
- Spokesman-Review 05.19.94
- Spokesman-Review 05.20.94
- Release Conditions 05.20.94
- Information–State of Washington 05.20.94
- Warrant 05.20.94
- Spokesman-Review 05.23.94
- Spokesman-Review 05.30.94
- Order of Dismissal returning Bail to Order after Death 06.01.94
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.