Fr. James E. Leu
Diocese: Diocese of Davenport IA
Accused in 1989 of systematically abusing two altar boys 1985-89. Pled guilty, convicted 1989, sentenced to two years in prison. Worked with credibly accused priest Francis Bass. Bishop O’Keefe was deposed. Included on diocese’s 7/10/08 list of credibly accused. Died 2/4/13.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- BA.org Concise Assignment Record
- Catholic Messenger 07.17.08
- Leu’s Clergy Record from Diocese of Davenport
- Documents from Kaspers v Father James Elmer Leu, et al 1992
- Ruling 10.26.92
- Iowa City Press-Citizen 08.21.04
- Quad-City Times 07.10.08
- Diocese of Davenport List 07.14.08
- Press Citizen via legacycom 02.05.13
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.