Fr. Walter J. Lezuchowski
Diocese: Archdiocese of Detroit MI
Barred from parish ministry in 1991 after the archdiocese deemed credible allegations that he had sexually abused a girl over age 16. Sent for treatment. In 2002 another criminal complaint was made. Lezuchowski had at that point been actively ministering for five years at St. Ronald’s in Clinton Township; the archdiocese said it had no idea he had been still working. Immediately suspended. Permanently banned from ministry in 2005. Died 12/29/06.
- Archdiocese of Detroit Press Release 05.10.02
- Archdiocese of Detroit Status Report October 2009
- Detroit Free Press 06.10.02
- Dallas Morning News 06.12.02
- Detroit News 07.14.02
- Detroit Free Press 10.19.02
- USA Today 11.11.02
- Detroit Free Press 04.14.03
- Michigan Catholic 05.27.05
- News-Herald 06.11.06
- Detroit Free Press 01.04.07
- Archdiocese of Detroit List 06.10.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.