Fr. Segundo Llorente
From Spain. Spent 40 years working in remote Alaskan villages. Later worked in the Yakima diocese, then in the Boise City diocese. Accused in a 12/04 lawsuit of abuse 1956-1957 by one plaintiff. Another plaintiff added to suit 8/05. Died 1/26/89. Claims included in 11/07 settlement with the Jesuits. Two or more pending claims shown in bankruptcy reorganization documents for Fairbanks Diocese 1/25/10. On the Jesuits West list 12/7/18. It notes reports in 2005, 2008 and 2009 of abuse 1962-63, and the mid-1960s.
- Alaskan Shepherd June-July 2003: Our Lady of the Snows Parish, Hooper Bay, Alaska: 1928-2003
- Fairbanks Daily News-Miner 12.29.04
- Anchorage Daily News 12.30.04
- Fairbanks Daily News-Miner 08.17.05
- Anchorage Daily News 08.17.05
- Anchorage Daily News 11.20.07
- Good Jesuit, Bad Jesuit 11.12.09
- Emmonak – Sacred Heart Catholic Church Web Site 01.25.10
- Excerpt from Bankruptcy Reorganization Documents for Fairbanks Diocese 01.25.10
- Alakanuk – Saint Ignatius Catholic Church Web site 01.25.10
- Jesuits West Province List 12.07.18
- Idaho State Journal 12.09.18
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.