Fr. Nilo C. Martins
Brazilian pediatrician and order priest. Convicted 1985 of abuse of boy, age 12. Sent for treatment before conviction. Served only about 5 weeks of 23-46 month sentence. Immediately deported/returned to Brazil. Remained active priest there for for many years.
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report–Patterns
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report
- Philadelphia Daily News 04.27.02
- Philadelphia Daily News 04.29.02
- Associated Press 04.30.02
- Philadelphia Inquirer 05.16.02
- Philadelphia Inquirer 05.23.02
- USA Today 11.11.02
- Philadelphia Inquirer 09.17.05
- National Catholic Reporter 04.28.06
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.