Fr. Daniel J. Massie
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Associate Pastor at St. Mary Parish 1980-86. Multiple allegations that he abused young girls there. At least one settlement in 1992. Treatment in 1992 for alcoholism and sexual issues. Removed in 8/02 without privileges from current parish because of history of inappropriate sexual behavior with minors. Laicized per Archdiocese’s list of accused priests dated 11/07. Actual laicization date was 8/3/09 per personnel file released in 7/13. Allowed to work for the state as a social worker and substance abuse counselor 2006 until 2/17, when he stepped down.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Assignment Record
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 08.20.02
- Milwaukee Catholic Herald 09.19.02
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee on Restricted Priests updated 11.26.07
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Menomonee Falls Patch 07.03.13
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel 11.02.18
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.