Fr. Henry Nawn
Diocese: Archdiocese of Philadelphia PA
Accused of abuse of five boys in their mid-teens in the 1960s. First allegation not received by the archdiocese until 1997. Retired in 1991. Nawn died in 1996. Named in 2004 and 2006 civil suits. Suit rejected by 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals in 11/07.
- Philadelphia Archdiocesan Priest Data Profile
- Magnum v Archdiocese of Philadelphia et al, filed June 2006
- Philadelphia Grand Jury Report
- Philadelphia Inquirer 01.24.96
- Philadelphia Daily News 03.16.04
- Philadelphia Inquirer 03.17.04
- Philadelphia Inquirer 09.17.05
- Law com 11.07.07
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.