Fr. Donald R. A. Peters
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Retired in 1993 shortly after the Sheboygan County D.A. received an anonymous report of sexual abuse by Peters. He denied the allegation but the Archdiocese prohibited him from unsupervised contact with minors. Admitted in 2002 that he took graphic sexual photos of at least four teenage boys. One also accused him of fondling. Name included on the Archdiocese’s 7/04 list of priests fully restricted from ministry. Laicized 10/6/07 per personnel files released 7/13. Died in 12/18 at age 93.
- Associated Press 06.28.02
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 06.29.02
- Sheboygan Press 06.29.02
- List released by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwukee 11.26.07
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee updated after 11.26.07
- Website: Catholic Scouters & Sexual Abuse, 11.30.07
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Waukesha Patch 07.03.13
- Fond du Lac Reporter 07.07.13
- Sheboygan Press Obituary 12.30.18
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.