Fr. Joseph Pineau
Diocese: Diocese of Spokane WA
In 9/03 the Diocese of Spokane identified Pineau as having been credibly accused of sexual misconduct. The abuse was said to have occurred about 36 years prior and involved an adolescent in a counseling situation. Pineau retired in 1968 (about the time of the incident) and died in 1982 at age 83.
- Inland Register 10.02.03
- Seattle Post-Intelligencer 09.23.03
- Spokesman Review 09.23.03
- Associated Press 12.03.03
- Spokesman Review 05.05.07
- Statement by Diocese of Spokane 11.21.07
- Diocese of Spokane List of Admitted, Proven or Credibly Accused Perpetrators of Sexual Abuse 11.03.09
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.