Fr. George Pirrung
Diocese: Diocese of Tucson AZ
Accused in 2003 of molesting a boy in the mid-1950s. Tucson Diocese then searched archives and found two more allegations dating to 1966. Archives revealed no action on the part of diocese. Faculties removed. Reports referred to police; no action expected due to statute of limitations. All allegations deemed credible. Died in 2016.
- Letter from Bishop Gerald F. Kicanas to Parishioners 02.27.04
- Diocese of Tucson List of Accused Priests 08.05.11
- Diocese of Tucson List of Accused Priests from Website
- KGUN 11.21.03
- Tucson Citizen 11.22.03
- Arizona Republic 11.23.03
- Tucson Citizen 02.27.04
- Arizona Daily Star 07.01.05
- Arizona Republic 11.10.06
- Arizona Daily Star 07.30.07
- Diocese of Phoenix List 10.29.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.