Fr. Richard P. Presenti
Admitted in 2003 that he abused a 14-year-old boy in 1973. The boy immediately told his parents and the archdiocese; Presenti was kept in active ministry. Sued by three men alleging abuse as teenagers. Remained the provincial’s treasurer, entrusted with directing the order’s financial affairs until 7/05, when he stepped aside. Sued by another in 6/07. Appeals court ruled in 1/08 that the Salesians didn’t know he presented a risk of sexual abuse prior to his assault of the victims. On the Oakland diocese’s list in 2019.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- SF Weekly 01.05.06
- CBS 47 (AP) 07.18.07
- Associated Press 07.18.07
- KCBS 07.22.07
- Doe v Salesian Society (Cal Court of Appeals) 01.29.08
- Summary of Findings in Doe v Salesian Society (CA Court of Appeals) 01.29.08
- Metropolitan News Enterprise 01.30.08
- San Francisco Chronicle 01.30.08
- City of Angels 03.19.08
- Contra Costa Times 04.01.08
- San Jose Mercury News 04.01.08
- Diocese of Oakland List 06.01.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.