Fr. Arthur A. Ribeiro
Diocese: Diocese of Oakland CA
On sick leave in 1982. Removed from ministry/retired 1/1/92. Confronted in 1996 by two priests about his sexual misconduct. As of 1/03, three men had filed suit alleging Ribeiro sexually abused them in 1960s at All Saints in Concord. Per 7/04 article, four plaintiffs in two lawsuits. One plaintiff said he told his pastor during confession within two weeks of abuse and that Ribeiro was then transferred and promoted. Died 10/18/00. On diocese’s list 2/17/19.
- Diocese of Oakland Assignment Record
- Diocese of Oakland Apology Services 2004
- Oakland Tribune 01.17.03
- Contra Costa Times 01.18.03
- Daily Review 07.16.04
- San Francisco Chronicle 08.26.04
- Tri-Valley Herald 09.03.04
- San Jose Mercury News 03.30.08
- Contra Costa Times 04.01.08
- Bay Area News Group 04.01.08
- Diocese of Oakland List 02.17.19
- Lamorinda Weekly 03.04.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.