Bishop George E. Rueger
Diocese: Diocese of Worcester MA
Sued in 2002. Accused of abuse of a boy, ages 13-14, in the 1960s. Rueger denied the allegation.The suit was dropped in 2003 by the plaintiff. Diocesan investigation found no proof of charges; pope’s representative to the US agreed with the findings. Rueger retired in 2005. Died 4/6/19.
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Telegram & Gazette 04.01.03
- Telegram & Gazette 04.21.03
- Telegram & Gazette 07.15.03
- Catholic Free Press (Worcester, MA) 07.20.03
- Telegram & Gazette 08.01.03
- Telegram & Gazette 07.07.06
- Telegram & Gazette 07.18.06
- BA list of US Bishops Accused of Abuse 04.14.08
- Telegram & Gazette Obituary 04.08.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.