Fr. Austin Schlaefer
Identified in 6/18/13 Capuchin audit report as a deceased friar with confirmed reports of sexual abuse of minors. Schlaefer’s name is included on this list without any additional information on claims against him. He died 6/19/92 in Saginaw, MI. Worked in Milwaukee, Detroit and Chicago. On the Saginaw diocese’s list by 8/9/19.
- Capuchin List of Friars with Confirmed Reports of Sexual Abuse of Minors 06.18.13
- Report of the Audit and Review of the Files of the Capuchin Province of St Joseph 06.18.13
- Statement on the Public Release of the Names of Friars with Confirmed Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Minors and Vulnerable Adults 06.18.13
- Diocese of Saginaw List 08.09.19
- Capuchin Friars St. Joseph Province List 08.19.21
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.