Fr. Wendelin Shafer
“Leslie.” Worked as a missioner in Central America for 52 years. Joined the Central American Vice Province. Retired and returned to Wisconsin. Died 10/09/05. Identified in 6/18/13 Report of the Audit and Review of the Files of the Capuchin Province of St. Joseph as a deceased friar with confirmed reports of sexual abuse of minors. Shafer’s name is included on this list without any additional information on claims against him.
- Report of the Audit and Review of the Files of the Capuchin Province of St Joseph 06.18.13
- Capuchin List of Friars with Confirmed Reports of Sexual Abuse of Minors 06.18.13
- Statement on the Public Release of the Names of Friars with Confirmed Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Minors and Vulnerable Adults 06.18.13
- FindAGrave accessed 10.09.20
- Capucin Friars St. Joseph Province List 08.19.21
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.