Fr. Robert M. Shurtleff
Diocese: Diocese of Ogdensburg NY
Shurtleff was one of four priests removed from parish assignments in 6/02 as result of the zero-tolerance policy resulting from the recent Dallas Bishops’ Conference. Diocese said all four priests had substantiated allegations against them and all had been through some form of therapy. On diocese’s list 11/13/18. Named in lawsuits filed in 8/19 under the NY Child Victims Act.
- Press-Republican 07.02.02
- Sun-Sentinel 07.03.03
- Watertown Daily Times 01.06.04
- Watertown Daily Times 03.14.18
- North Country Now 03.14.18
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise 05.26.18
- Bishop LaValley Letter 11.10.18
- Diocese of Ogdensburg List 11.13.18
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise 11.14.18
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise 08.16.19
Return to main database page. See abbreviations and posting policy. Send corrections.
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.