Fr. Bernard Steiner
Diocese: Diocese of New Ulm MN
Accused in civil lawsuit filed 4/15/16 sexual abuse of a boy, ages 9-10, in about 1971-72 at St. Paul in Comfrey. Steiner worked in parishes throughout Southern and West-Central MN. Retired in 2005. Returned to limited ministry in early 2018.
- Diocese of New Ulm Assignment Record
- Doe 172 vs Diocese of New Ulm and Church of St Paul of Comfrey MN
- Jeff Anderson and Associates 04.15.16
- Mankato Free Press 04.15.16
- West Central Tribune 04.15.16
- Advocate Tribune 04.21.16
- Advocate Tribune 06.02.16
- Mankato Free Press 01.16.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.