Fr. Kenneth Stewart
Identified in 6/18/13 Report of the Audit and Review of the Files of the Capuchin Province of St. Joseph as former friar with confirmed reports of sexual abuse of minors. Stewart’s name is included on this list without any additional information on claims against him. Audit reported that he had been removed from ministry and placed under supervision. He left the order and was laicized at some point. On the Saginaw diocese’s list by 8/9/19, where he was assigned 1973-74. Name included in 10/22 on the Chicago archdiocese’s list of credibly accused.
- Statement on the Public Release of the Names of Friars with Confirmed Allegations of Sexual Abuse of Minors and Vulnerable Adults 06.18.13
- Report of the Audit and Review of the Files of the Capuchin Province of St Joseph 06.18.13
- Capuchin List of Friars with Confirmed Reports of Sexual Abuse of Minors 06.18.13
- Diocese of Saginaw List 08.09.19
- Capuchin Friars St. Joseph Province List 08.19.21
- Archdiocese of Chicago List 10.14.22
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.