Fr. Joseph Thibaudeau
On 12/31/13 the diocese released its list of 17 clergy, including Thibaudeau, who had been credibly accused of sexual abuse of young persons while serving in the diocese and another five who had been accused while residing in the diocese at some time. He served at St. Jean’s in Duluth from 6/1910 to sometime in 1943. Died in 1946 in Manitoba, Canada. Allegation made against him at some point after his death.
- Diocese of Duluth List of Clergy With Credible Claims 12.31.13
- Diocese of Duluth Statement by Bishop Sirba 12.31.13
- Northlands News Center 12.31.13
- Duluth News Tribune 12.31.13
- Legal Examiner 12.31.13
- Duluth News Tribune 01.01.14
- Diocese of Duluth Statement 12.07.15
- Duluth News Tribune 12.07.15
- Star Tribune 12.07.15
- Wall Street Journal 12.07.15
- Wall Street Journal 12.11.15
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.