Br. Benjamin A. Trautman
Per statement released by Diocese of Spokane 11/07, Trautman was named in accusation that was found to be admitted, credible or proven. He died 5/24/99, age 83. On the Jesuits West Province list 12/7/18. It notes allegations reported in 2008 and 2009 of abuse 1956-63, 1961-63 and 1961-69.
- Jesuits Central and Southern List 12.07.18
- Spokesman-Review 05.27.99
- Statement by Diocese of Spokane 11.21.07
- Diocese of Spokane List of Admitted, Proven or Credibly Accused Perpetrators of Sexual Abuse 11.03.09
- Good Jesuit, Bad Jesuit 11.12.09
- Jesuits West Province List 12.07.18
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.