Fr. Armand Ventre
Diocese: Diocese of Providence RI
Assigned to our Lady of Good Help Parish 1980-1985. Indicted 8/85 for sexually molesting two altar boys and one mentally handicapped youth 1981-1984. In 1986 the judge dismissed the charges concerning the two altar boys; the following day the judge found Ventre not guilty of abuse of the third boy in a non-jury trial. Returned to active assignment as chaplain at VA Hospital, and then another hospital. Retired 1/99. Died 12/27/99. On the diocese’s list 7/1/19. It notes only that he was removed from ministry 7/5/85.
- Diocese of Providence Assignment Record
- United Press International 07.06.85
- United Press International 07.31.85
- Galveston Daily News 08.21.85
- United Press International 01.16.86
- United Press International 01.25.86
- Associated Press 02.12.86
- United Press International 08.13.86
- United Press International 08.15.86
- Providence Journal Bulletin 12.29.99
- Diocese of Providence List 07.01.19
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.