Fr. John C. Wagner
Diocese: Archdiocese of Milwaukee WI
Name included on the Archdiocese’s 7/04 list of priests fully restricted from ministry (or who would have been restricted if still living) because of credible allegations of abuse. He is shown as “awaiting assignment” per 1993 Catholic Directory and “On leave” per the 2002 Directory. Remained fully restricted from ministry as of 3/3/12. Laicized in 12/12. Personnel files released 7/13.
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee Assignment Record
- BA.org Assignment Record
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 07.09.04
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.10.04
- Statement by Archdiocese of Milwaukee 1 01.26.07
- Archdiocese of Milwaukee List of Clergy Offenders 03.03.12
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel 07.02.13
- Duluth News Tribune 07.02.13
- WTOP 07.02.13
- Waukesha Patch 07.03.13
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.