Fr. Paul F. Worczak
Diocese: Diocese of Ogdensburg NY
In 4/02 a man told the diocese that Worczak molested him when he was age 11 in 1971, at Holy Family in Watertown. The priest allegedly touched the boy inappropriately and later kissed him. Worczak’s accuser said there were other victims. Bishop Barbarito kept Worczak in active ministry until 3/03. Parishioners said they were not informed as to why he was removed. The diocese offered to pay for counseling (past or future) but refused to admit to liability, saying the statute of limitations had passed. On diocese’s list 11/13/18. Named in lawsuit(s) filed in 8/19 under the NY Child Victims Act.
- North County Now 03.14.18
- Watertown Daily Times (NY) 07.02.03
- Sun Sentinel 07.03.03
- Watertown Daily Times 01.06.04
- Watertown Daily Times 02.24.10
- North Country Now 03.14.18
- Watertown Daily Times 03.14.18
- Watertown Daily Times 05.23.18
- WWTV 10.11.18
- Bishop LaValley Letter 11.10.18
- Diocese of Ogdensburg List 11.13.18
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise 11.14.18
- Adirondack Daily Enterprise 08.16.19
Return to main database page. See abbreviations and posting policy. Send corrections.
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.