Fr. Angelo Zankl
On 12/31/13, the diocese released its list of 17 clergy, including Zankl, who had been credibly accused of sexual abuse of young persons while serving in the diocese and another five who had been accused while residing in the diocese at some time. Spent much time at St. John Abbey before and after working in the diocese 1951-87. Left the diocese 5/30/87. Died 07/12/07, age 106. Accusation received shortly before diocese released list.
- Diocese of Duluth Statement by Bishop Sirba 12.31.13
- Diocese of Duluth List of Clergy With Credible Claims 12.31.13
- Legal Examiner 12.31.13
- Northlands News Center 12.31.13
- Duluth News Tribune 12.31.13
- Duluth News Tribune 01.01.14
- Legal Examiner 01.04.14
- Duluth News Tribune 12.07.15
- Star Tribune 12.07.15
- Diocese of Duluth Statement 12.07.15
- Wall Street Journal 12.07.15
- Wall Street Journal 12.11.15
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.