Fr. Francis A. Zimmerer
In 9/08 the Fort Worth diocese announced a credible allegation that ZImmerer sexually abused a boy, age 11, while assigned to Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Decatur in 1978. Zimmerer died in 1/23/83 at age 74. As of 9/15, two more men had come forward with credible allegations of abuse at the same church. Also worked in AR, MI, WI. Name included on Little Rock’s 9/10/18 list (mistakenly as Francis ‘Zimmer’). On the Springfield-Cape Girardeau diocese’s list updated 4/1/19. On the La Crosse diocese’s list 1/18/20.
- Ft Worth Star-Telegram 09.08.08
- DFW Catholic 09.09.08
- North Texas Daily 09.09.08
- Ft Worth Star-Telegram 09.15.08
- Dallas Morning News 09.16.08
- Diocese of Fort Worth List of Accused Priests accessed 01.01.12
- Diocese of Little Rock list 09.10.18
- Country Monks bio accessed 02.22.19
- Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau List 04.01.19
- Diocese of La Crosse List 01.18.20
- Diocese of Springfiled-Cape Girardeau List updated 04.13.21
Our Database of Publicly Accused does not state or imply that individuals facing allegations are guilty of a crime or liable for civil claims. The reports contained in the database are merely allegations. The U.S. legal system presumes that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise. Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private settlements. For more information, see our posting policy.