Priests in a Parish: We use the following
convention to show a priest's place among the clergy of a parish: 1/2 means
that he is the first priest listed in the Official Catholic Directory (usually
the pastor) and that there is a total of two priests at the parish. The shorthand
3/4 means that the priest is listed third on a four-priest roster. See our sample
page from the Directory.
Source: Official Catholic Directory (Kenedy & Sons, 1981-2000).
• Suit Claims Molestation by Priest, by Toni Heinzl, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, May 8, 2001
• Lawsuit against Hays High School Dismissed in Texas, Associated Press, August 5, 2001
• Sex Assault Lawsuit Belongs in Kansas, Judge Rules Case Involves Priest's Molestation of a Texan in That State, by Toni Heinzl, Fort Worth Star Telegram, August 3, 2001
• Priest Pleaded, Kansas City Star, May 12, 2001
• High School Settles Lawsuit Over Molestation by Priest, Associated Press, December 5, 2001
• Hays High School Settles Priest Molestation Suit, Wichita Eagle (AP), December 5, 2001
• A Quiet Refuge — under Watchful Eyes, by Tim O'Neil and Patricia Rice, St. Louis Post Dispatch, March 3, 2002
• Dodge, Salina dioceses release sex-abuse stats, by Bill Wilson, Hutchinson News, February 27, 2004
• Abusive Priests Often End up in St. Louis, by Tim Townsend, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, March 19, 2005
• Salina Diocese, by Shaun Hittle, Lawrence Journal-World, June 25, 2010
• Ronald Sam Gilardi - Missouri Sex Offender Profile, missourisexoffendesrlist.com, accessed November 16, 2017
Official Catholic Directory aims to report the whereabouts of Catholic
priests in the United States on January 1 of the Directory's publication
year. Our working assumption is that a priest listed in the Directory
for a given year was at the same assignment for part of the previous year
as well. However, Kenedy and Sons will sometimes accept updates well into
the year of publication. Diocesan clergy records are rarely available to
correct this information. The Directory is also sometimes misleading
or wrong. We have tried to create an accurate assignment record, given the
source materials and their limitations. Assignment records are a work in
progress and we are always improving the records that we post. Please email
us with new information and corrections.
This assignment record collates Gilardi's career history as it is represented
in the Official Catholic Directory with the allegations against him, as reported in
the media. We make no representation regarding the truth of the allegations
we report, and we remind our readers that the U.S. legal system presumes
that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven
guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are
presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise.
Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private
settlements. For more information, see our posting
This assignment record was last updated on November 16, 2017.