Priests in a Parish: We use the following
convention to show a priest's place among the clergy of a parish: 1/2 means
that he is the first priest listed in the Official Catholic Directory (usually
the pastor) and that there is a total of two priests at the parish. The shorthand
3/4 means that the priest is listed third on a four-priest roster. See our sample
page from the Directory.
Source: Official Catholic Directory (Kenedy & Sons, 2012-2016).
• Jerseyville Native Ordained to Priesthood for Religious Community, Catholic Times, July 17, 2011
• Overland Park Priest Removed from Parish over Accusation of Misconduct with Child, Fox 4, July 18, 2017
• Catholic Archdiocese in KCK Investigates Claims of 'Boundary Violations' by Priest, KMBC, July 18, 2017
• KCK Archdiocese Suspends Priest After Two Allegatios of 'Boundary Violations', Kansas City Star, July 19, 2017
• Father Claims Overland Park Priest "Tickled," Touched Young Daughter, KSHB, July 19, 2017
• KCKPD Investigates Allegations Against Suspended Priest, KSHB, July 19, 2017
• Kansas Priest Suspended as Conduct Probe Unfolds, Washington Times, July 19, 2017
• Catholic Groups Working to Protect Children as Overland Park Priest Faces Charges, Fox 4, July 25, 2017
• Priest in KCK Archdiocese Charged with Indecent Liberties with a Child, Kansas City Star, July 25, 2017
• Overland Park Catholic Priest Charged with Child Sex Crimes, by Chris Oberholtz, KCTV , July 26, 2017
• Catholic Priest Facing Child Sex Charges Returns to Kansas City Area, Kansas City Star, August 4, 2017
• Priest Accused of Child Sex Crimes Bonds Out of Jail, KSHB, August 4, 2017
• Prosecutors: Kck Priest in Child Sex Case to Get New Trial Date after Jury Deadlocks, By Katie Bernard, Kansas City Star, November 14, 2019
Official Catholic Directory aims to report the whereabouts of Catholic
priests in the United States on January 1 of the Directory's publication
year. Our working assumption is that a priest listed in the Directory
for a given year was at the same assignment for part of the previous year
as well. However, Kenedy and Sons will sometimes accept updates well into
the year of publication. Diocesan clergy records are rarely available to
correct this information. The Directory is also sometimes misleading
or wrong. We have tried to create an accurate assignment record, given the
source materials and their limitations. Assignment records are a work in
progress and we are always improving the records that we post. Please email
us with new information and corrections.
This assignment record collates Kallal's career history as it is represented
in the Official Catholic Directory with the allegations against him, as reported in
the media. We make no representation regarding the truth of the allegations
we report, and we remind our readers that the U.S. legal system presumes
that a person accused of or charged with a crime is innocent until proven
guilty. Similarly, individuals who may be defendants in civil actions are
presumed not to be liable for such claims unless a plaintiff proves otherwise.
Admissions of guilt or liability are not typically a part of civil or private
settlements. For more information, see our posting
This assignment record was last updated on March 9, 2021.