|Eugene Francis Clarahan
EUGENE FRANCIS CLARAHAN was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on May 12, 1925, a son of John and Bridget (Duffy) Clarahan. He received his early education at Saint Gregory Elementary and Thomas More High School, Philadelphia. He began studies for the priesthood at St. Charles Barromeo Seminary, Overbrook, Pennsylvania. He took theological studies at St. Mary's Seminary, Baltimore, and was ordained on May 1, 1952, at St. Peter's Cathedral, Wilmington, by Bishop Edmond J. FitzMaurice. He was first assigned as assistant pastor to Corpus Christi Church, Elsmere, Delaware. In 1960 he was appointed chaplain to the state institutions in New Castle County, Delaware. In 1968 he was appointed pastor of St. Peter's Church, New Castle, Delaware. In 1978 he was transferred as pastor to Holy Cross Church, Dover, Delaware. In 1983 he became pastor of Good Shepherd Church, Perryville, Maryland. In 1987 he was transferred as pastor to St. Benedict's Church, Ridgely, Maryland. In 1994 he retired because of declining health, and lived at Vianney House, Wilmington, Delaware, until his death on May 26, 1999, at the age of 74 and 47 years a priest. He served as Master of Ceremonies, as a member of the Personnel Committee, and coordinator of the Department of Health Affairs for the diocese. He was dean of the Southern New Castle - Cecil Deanery from 1974 until 1978. A concelebrated Mass of Christian Burial was offered on May 29, 1999, at Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Liftwood. Interment was at All Saints Cemetery, Wilmington, Delaware.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.