|More Victims Accuse NYC Pastor of Abuse
September 20, 2008
NEW YORK - Eight more men have come forward to accuse a prominent Harlem pastor of sexually abusing them when they were children.
Manhattan prosecutors say 10 people have now lodged complaints about Monsignor Wallace Harris, who was suspended by the Archdiocese of New York after the allegations surfaced this summer.
A spokeswoman for the district attorney says that even if the allegations are true, a statute of limitations will keep the state from prosecuting.
Harris had been a pastor at the Church of St. Charles Borromeo since 1989.
A spokesman for the archdiocese says Harris insists he is innocent.
A church panel will determine whether he should be permanently removed from duty.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.