O'Donoghue Moved Frequently by Church
By Kathleen A. Shaw
Telegram & Gazette (Massachusetts)
February 15, 2003
Previous Telegram & Gazette news reports show that the Rev. Brendan W. O'Donoghue, of all publicly accused priests, had the most reassignments, sometimes twice in a year.
Rev. O'Donoghue was ordained in 1950 and was assigned to Our Lady Immaculate in Athol, but was moved to St. Leo's in Leominster in less than a year.
His assignments took him to St. Paul's Cathedral in 1952, St. Bridget, Millbury, and St. Martin in Otter River by 1955. Within months, he was reassigned to St. Bernard's in Fitchburg and was reassigned to St. Christopher in Worcester in 1960.
Within the same year, he was reassigned to St. Peter's, Worcester. The priest was assigned in 1963 to St. Ann's, North Oxford, but went to St. Philip of Grafton the following year and then on to St. Mary's of Milford the year after that.
He served at St. Therese, Harvard, from 1969 to 1975 and then was sent to Our Lady of the Rosary, Spencer, from 1976 to 1979.
During his time in Spencer, he spent several months on leave before being sent to St. Peter, Petersham, where he served from 1979 to 1984. He retired in 1984 from St. Matthew's in Southboro. He is now retired, but the diocesan directory of retired priests does not list where he is living.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.