Trust (Volume I: November 1994)
Most Rev. John F. Kinney and the Bishops' Ad Hoc Committee on Sexual Abuse, Restoring Trust: A Pastoral Response to Sexual Abuse, Volume I (Washington, D.C.: National Conference of Catholic Bishops, November 1994).
This is the first volume of the report by the Ad Hoc Committee on Sexual Abuse. We have also posted volume two of Restoring Trust.
Contents of Volume I and Links to the Text:
- Title Page, Letter, Table of Contents, and Introduction
- Objective No. 1: Diocesan Policies
- Objective No. 2: Report on Evaluation and Treatment Centers
Note: Some users are experiencing difficulties downloading the following files. We will have this problem solved shortly.
- Pedophilia: Diagnostic Concepts, Treatment, and Ethical Considerations (Fred Berlin, MD, Ph.D. and Edgar Kraut, M.A., Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore MD)
- The Role of the Diocesan Outside Counsel (Andrew J. Eisenzimmer, St. Paul MN)
- Care for Victims and Their Families (Archbishop Harry D. Flynn, D.D., Archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis)
- Priests, Power, and Sexual Abuse (Dr. James J. Gill, S.J., M.D., Institute of Living the Harvard University Health Services)
- The Role of the Diocesan In-House Attorney (Jack Hammel, Archdiocese of San Francisco (Legal Dept.), San Francisco CA)
- The Media and Sexual Abuse Cases: Elements of a Media Plan (Msgr. Francis Maniscalco, Media Relations, NCCB)
- "Recovered" Memories of Abuse - An Historical Reflection (Paul R. McHugh, M.D., Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore MD)
- Parishes as Victims of Child Sexual Abuse (Stephen J. Rossetti, Ph.D., D.Min., St. Luke Institute, Suitland MD)
- [Placeholder for article on insurers, to be added later] See Volume II.
- Expectations of Treatment for Child Molesters (Frank Valcour, M.D., St. Luke Institute, Suitland MD)
- [Placeholder for article on recividism, to be added later] See Volume II.
Any original material on these pages is copyright © BishopAccountability.org 2004. Reproduce freely with attribution.