[letter from Bishop Malooly]
[Sexual Abuse and Cover-Up in the Diocese of Wilmington via BishopAccountability.org]
By Amy Cherry
Updated Friday, February 24, 2012
Bishop Francis Malooly says he won’t ask for the resignations of three priests accused of masterminding a cover-up of decades of sexual abuse.
After shocking documents were released last week as part of the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington’s settlement with victims of abuse, survivors of sexual abuse called for Monsignors Cini, Lemon, and Rebman to step down.
In a letter posted on the Dialog, the Diocese’s newspaper, Malooly says the priests have his “full support and gratitude.”
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.