By Stephanie Barry | email@example.com
on October 30, 2015
Former Worcester day care provider sentenced for lying about son’s sexual assault on child
SPRINGFIELD – A Ludlow woman who successfully pushed for new legislation extending the statute of limitations for alleged victims of childhood sexual abuse to file lawsuits will get her day in court.
Kathy Picard, 52, has said previously she worked for 12 years to push a new bill extending the deadline for alleged victims to sue. The law changed the deadline from age 21 to 53. The bill was signed by former Gov. Deval L. Patrick on June 26, 2014, with Picard present.
The same day, she filed a $1 million lawsuit in U.S. District Court against her stepfather. A trial is set to begin Monday.
Picard’s suit says Louis Buoniconti began molesting her at age 7 and increased the sexual abuse until she 17 – accusations Buoniconti adamantly denies, according to court records.
Note: This is an Abuse Tracker excerpt. Click the title to view the full text of the original article. If the original article is no longer available, see our News Archive.